Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TV Shows - or trying to find your favorite one.

I don't watch a lot of TV. Really, I don't. I would just as soon read, crochet, or sit at my computer emailing my friends, playing around with graphics, or watching the Live Eagle Cam showing a pair of Bald Eagles and their newly hatched babies.

But, when I do want to watch TV, it would be nice to be able to watch one or two of the shows that I like. It used to be that there was a specific time of the year that TV shows were all new, and then the summer time was for re-runs. Then, somewhere along the line, the regular season started becoming shorter and shorter. The new show time frame didn't last very long, and then there would be re-runs. Then, an even stranger thing happened. There would be a few weeks of new shows, then there would be re-runs, a long hiatus, and sometime several weeks later, the new shows would come back. The hiatus started becoming longer than the time for the new shows. It has gotten to be that there might be 4-5 weeks of new shows starting in the Fall, then a hiatus until February or March of the following year, a few more weeks of new shows, and then the whole summer of re-runs.

I had just about accepted that and then the TV wizards decided to completely confuse me. They started moving my shows around to different days and different times. It's like they would pick a show to experiment with, move it around so much that no one could find it, and then wonder why the ratings had dropped. That way, they could cancel the show because of low ratings. Meanwhile, I am still sitting here flipping through the channels looking for the show that used to be on Friday night, changed to Thursday, and now might be on Wednesday. But, is it at 7:00pm, 8:00pm or 9:00pm??

Oh for the good old days of knowing just as certain as the fact that the sun would come up in the morning, you could turn on your TV on Sunday evenings and watch Bonanza. Where are those 3 Cartwright boys when you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment