I have always liked to bake, but I don’t like to bake cookies. I will do cakes, pies, pumpkin bread, yeast breads, pizzas, and variations of all of the above. However, every now and then, I branch out into something that is not your run of the mill homemade item.
I have made homemade bagels - I recommend buying them. I have made homemade graham crackers - see the recommendation on bagels. I make those little indented individual cakes that you fill with strawberries and whipped cream - these are fantastic. The baked donuts are pretty great too - especially after you brush them with melted butter and roll them in cinnamon sugar. Let’s face it, a hockey puck would taste good if you brushed it with melted butter and covered it in cinnamon sugar.
But, by far, the most fun thing I have ever baked were homemade Twinkies. Yes, Twinkies. They were absolutely to die for. Tender, delicate little perfectly formed Twinkies filled with a marshmallowy creamy center. I tried them with a jelly filling, but that just didn’t seem right. If you ever feel like you want to try something new, I suggest homemade Twinkies. And, if you want to get adventurous, you can make them in chocolate!

I forgot how beautifully these had come out - it looks like you bought a few packages of twinkies and dumped them in a tupperware container!
ReplyDeleteI had forgotten all about them too. In fact, I finally found the recipe. I think I'll have to make some pretty soon.
ReplyDelete