Wednesday, August 14, 2024

 

The Torch Has Passed.


I think I need to let the younger generation take over the observation of life. My granddaughter, Emmalee, showed an aptitude for this talent very early in life. Here are a few "Emmaleeisms" from when she was quite young.


Age 3-4: We saw some rather large con trails in the sky one day. I explained to her what they were and she said "It looks like the sky has been vacuumed."


Age 4-5: She was playing with her toys and she kept picking them up and looking on the bottom of them. Finally she said, "Mamaw, this is made in China and this other one is made in China and so is this one. There are too many things made in China."


Age 7: She was playing with her Littlest Pet Shop house and she had a cat and three little mice. She had the cat name the mice and the cat named them Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.


Age 9: "My sty filled out a lot of paperwork and moved to my other eye."


So, as you can see, she observes things going on around her and has a certain quirky way of looking at life. I think the torch has been passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment