The Grasshopper Dance
I used to love to work in the yard and do gardening. One day, maybe in 1985, I was outside digging in the flower bed. I had on sweat pants and a matching top. I was squatting down in the grass and suddenly felt sort of a scratching/prickling on my leg. I kind of brushed at it and kept on digging. Well, the sensation didn't go away and then I realized it was going higher and higher on my leg. I realized something was in my pants leg so I shook the pants leg but nothing came out. Instead, I could feel something going up my leg.
Well, I panicked and started running around and into the house doing a sort of drum major high kick and/or person having some kind of fit running movement. I got into the house, pulled my pants off as fast as I could and threw them out onto the front porch.
My husband and son were watching this whole thing and my son was laughing so hard he could barely stand up. Of course, after I calmed down and realized whatever it was had not stayed on my body, I got angry at him. The culprit was a huge green grasshopper and the reason I couldn't shake it out of my pants is because his stickery legs had gotten caught in the sweat pants fuzzy lining and all he could do was go up higher on my leg.
To this day my son still talks about the "Grasshopper Dance".

No comments:
Post a Comment